Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Jace's 1st Birthday

We celebrated Jace's 1st birthday on Saturday April 1st. It was a beautiful day outside and we spent the entire party on the back porch. Thank goodness too because Jace made a huge mess of his cake! We had the party from 12-2 and invited our family and a few friends. We got Chipotle catered which I would HIGHLY recommend. They provided every thing you could need including matches to light the warmers. There was tons of food and the only thing I would do different is order a little bit less we had so many leftovers. 

Also I spent way too much time stressing about decorations and later realized that everyone was outside the whole time and I could have done without a single decoration! Next time I won't stress so much and just enjoy the process. After everyone ate lunch we opened presents, let Jace chow down on his cake, and then relaxed a little bit until it was time for all of the babies to go down for a nap. It was a sweet day and just so hard to believe that we are at the 1 year mark. What an amazing year it has been with out sweet boy!

Jace is about 22lbs and cute as ever. He is cruising all around but not yet walking. The only word he really seems to know for sure is "da-da"! He has the best laugh in the world and laughs all the time. He loves to play, especially with his new slide and ball pit that his grandparents got him for his birthday. He also really loves books and is always pulling them out of the book basket and bringing them to us. We went to the beach without him a few days after his birthday and he officially weaned. I wasn't totally sure I was going to wean him but he took the bottle of whole milk so well while we were gone I figured we would just continue that. He still loves food and puts everything in his mouth. 

He is a little clingy which I don't mind because I love holding him. The main people he will consistently go to are me, Austin, my mom, and Austin's mom. We just started putting him in the nursery at church (I know I know.... only took me a whole year) and he does pretty well in that! I've said it at every month but I really think this age is the BEST. His little personality is shining so bright and he is pure JOY. We love you so much buddy! Happy 1st birthday!




























No comments:

Post a Comment