Thursday, January 12, 2017

Sick Days

Yesterday after Jace's afternoon nap he woke up with his highest fever he's ever had. A combination of traveling, teething, and shots that day was more than his little body could handle. Thankfully motrin has been keeping the fever at bay and he seems to be improving today. All day long we have been lounging around and it seems counterintuitive to say this but it has been kind of magical. As much as I hate seeing my little boy suffer there is something so sweet and special about the extra snuggles and pajamas all day long. It has forced me to just sit and hold him and play with him. He is extra clingy and it has been so enjoyable to put the housework aside and just sit and play with my growing boy. There is a temptation to see all the negatives of a sick day, but I know these are the days I will look back on with fondness. My mom always was such a caretaker. Our sick days were made better by fresh sheets, warm baths and lots of cuddles. To be able to do that for my little boy now is an absolute dream come true. There is so much magic in motherhood. Every single day I am struck by the fact that I get to raise this amazing child. What an incredible gift he is. I pray that I would always stop and recognize the true gift that raising children is. To take the time to slow down and truly enjoy Jace and any other children God blesses us with. Time is limited and we only have so much of it. Before I know it he will be grown and gone so in the mean time I want to cherish every single moment, wether it be easy or tough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment