Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

Long weekends are the best and become even more amazing after you have kids and you realize that your help (aka daddy) will be around for one more glorious day... and all the momma's say AMEN! We managed to squeeze a ton into this holiday weekend and I slept for a total of about 10 hours and it was great!

Friday night Austin's work had a block party with food trucks and a big bounce house. The burgers were amazing and we had a blast hanging out with all of his co-workers. We headed home for an early night after that because we had a busy weekend ahead of us. Saturday we headed to a wedding in Peachtree City to celebrate our sweet Karpiak. Out of our little nursing school friend tribe she is the final marriage and these weddings are always a sweet reunion. Nobody knows you quite in the same way your nursing school friends do! The wedding was gorgeous, she was a perfect bride, and I loved getting to catch up with these beautiful girls! 






We didn't get home and in bed until around midnight Saturday night then I was up at 5am for work on Sunday... not my wisest choice haha! I had it so set in my mind that I would get called off of work and didn't take into account that women still like to have babies on holiday weekends! It ended up being a great day at work and went by fast. Came home to our friends/cousins in from out of town to be with us and a bunch of family at our house. Jace had spent the night with my parents on Saturday night since we got home so late from the wedding. She sent me a few pictures and I couldn't get over how old he looked in these pictures... sweet boy! 




Saturday night we ended up staying up until 2am talking to Lauren and Nathan... who am I?! Lauren is Austin's cousin and Nathan is her husband and we love having them as friends that are also family. Monday morning the boys went and played basketball while Lauren and I talked and drank entirely too much coffee. Lauren is an avid reader and I love talking about life, Jesus, home decor and books with her! That afternoon the rest of Austin's family came over to grill out and play games. The family is super into badminton right now so a lot of that was played. Also my friend Amy and her husband Max introduced us to Jackbox games on the Xbox and if you have an Xbox just go ahead and trust me and GO BUY IT! We had so much fun with these games all weekend long!. 


I think we totally wore Jace out with all of our shenanigans because he has slept in late every day this week and been taking super long naps. He's got about 4 teeth coming through right now, two of which are molars. Thankfully the only time he's fussy is when in a big group and anyone but mom or dad try to hold him. I am hoping he will start going to our friends more often but also enjoying the extra love because I know the days are numbered that he will just want mama or dada to hold him. He also sleeps A LOT when teething so I really can't complain. 

It was a wonderful weekend and made me thankful for all the men and women that have laid down their lives for this country. They are the ones who have made it possible for us to have the freedom that we do. I am so thankful for this life that Jesus has blessed us with and our amazing family that are our best friends. Here's to the beginning of a beautiful Summer!

-Gemma 

No comments:

Post a Comment