Monday, September 16, 2013

Beachin' it

 
He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul.
Psalm 23:2-3
 
 
 
I am always struck at how the first sight of the ocean brings me immediate peace. I get caught up in our busy schedule and my To-Do List and I forgot to just sit and soak in this life. I am amazed at the vastness of God. How does a God who manages something so big as this universe also able to care about the most minute details of my life? His glory was on display all week long and I was content to sit and be witness to it.

 
Our week in pictures...
 
I did A LOT of reading.. beach time is always my time to read the books I had been too busy to read before. I cherish it.
 

 
 
Austin fished..
 

 
 
We played cards..
 
 
 
 We went on dates...
 
 
 
 
We ate a lot of good food..
 

 
 
 
  
 The best part.. we simply relaxed!
 
 
 
We also got to spend a lot of time with Austin's best friend Matt and his wife Kate while in Pensacola. Kate and I bonded over the fact that one can only listen to talk of sports and guns so long before completely zoning out. I'm glad Austin has friends who he can share these passions with. I try... I try really hard. But sometimes the draw to pinterest is just too strong!
 
 

It was a beautiful week and the perfect end to a wonderful summer. Now I can officially kick off my fall decorating... and if a Christmas song just happens to come on Pandora while decorating I won't turn it off. Don't judge. We all have our weaknesses.
Pictures coming soon!
 
-Gemma

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment