Sunday, September 22, 2013

Touches of Fall

 
Happy first day of Fall everyone! Welcome to the land of cozy sweaters, pumpkins, and yummy candles. It would be an understatement to tell you that I LOVE this season. I love the crisp air that starts to settle in and replace the long, slow days of summer.
 
Fall decor has slowly been trickling into our apartment these past few weeks. I am learning the philosophy of only buying what you absolutely love so I am taking it slow with the decorating. Here is my progress so far...
 
 
I have been struggling to find a wreath that I love, but I did find this adorable little sign that hangs just under our apartment number sign. I am in love.

 
 
Entryway with a wreath I made last year.

 
 
This give thanks sign is one of my favorites and it was a DIY. Just take a good black sharpie, cut out a piece of burlap, write whatever you like on it, and frame it. The pumpkin was also semi-DIY. I bought the white pumpkin and drew little gold polka dots on it. I love crafts that only require 1 or 2 steps!

 
 
I love this cozy basket to hold our blankets and pillows.


 
I may or may not be guilty of having 3 different candle scents burning at one time in our tiny apartment.



A little dining room update with this new mirror. There is an identical one at Pottery Barn for 3 times the price that I have loved for years. I found this guy at Home Goods not too long ago and was so excited!

 
 
 
Just a little more evidence of my love of gold polka-dots. It's gotten a little bit out of hand lately...


 
Seasonal decorating has got to be one of my favorite things. My husband recently mentioned that he does not understand how every season has to have a new door mat. I kindly explained to him that it's very similar to how each season has a new sport to watch. Sometimes you've just got to put it in terms that a man can understand ladies.

I'm off to sip on a Pumpkin Spice Latte!
-Gemma
 

No comments:

Post a Comment