Friday, May 15, 2015

Mom and Dad's Guest Room


All my sweet mom asked of me this year for her birthday was to redecorate her guest room.. you don't have to ask me twice! Decorating is definitely my favorite hobby. I love being able to make a house feel like a home and to create an environment where people can come and rest. My goal every time I decorate is to make it look pretty enough for a picture, but cozy enough to put your feet up and relax. I am still on the hunt for the perfect light fixture and something for the wall opposite the bed. But like in all things in life it is a work in progress and the process is the best part anyways!

Before:

As cozy as this red and gold color palette is, mom wanted something more light and refreshing.



After:

I love how refreshing this room turned out. It is clean and bright and the perfect place for guests to come and rest.







 Source List

Curtains- At Home (formerly Garden Ridge)
Lamps- Kirklands
Bedding- Tuesday Morning
End tables- At Home
Pillows- Home Goods
Bed- thrifted
Dresser- thrifted
Wooden wall piece above bed- Home Goods
Mirror- Hobby Lobby
Candle sconces- World Market
Blue tray- Hobby Lobby
Topiaries- At Home



I could decorate a thousand more rooms and never repay my sweet mom for what she has done for me throughout my life. She is a wise counselor and a true friend and this was a small token of love for her!


 “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” 
-Washington Irving


No comments:

Post a Comment