Thursday, May 12, 2016

Jace: One Month

Oh little buddy how has it been one month? Actually if we are being technical it's been about 6 weeks but for the love I'm a new mom #graceongraceongrace. If there is one thing I've learned is to give yourself grace as a mom. Some days we rock it and the house is spotless and some days we snuggle and watch Chicago Med all day. And all of it is wonderful. I still have some pretty intense new mom hormones and I think if you could bottle this feeling it would make a killing. Don't get me wrong, I've had some stressed tears too but all in all it's pretty much amazing creating a tiny human with the person you love the most in the world and then watching them develop. A few updates on our sweet boy at one month:

Oh Jace you weigh almost 10lbs now (actually as I write this he's more like 11 but whatev)! You got your first vaccine at your pediatrician appointment and took it like a champ. Dad had to be the one to calm you down because your mom was a hot mess. You would think being a nurse would make you tough when it comes to your own kids but no way. I am a total and complete wimp. 






You have been smiling more everyday and oh. my. gosh. I can't get enough. Your dad and I will make complete fools of ourselves trying to get a smile out of you. You still love sleeping with your hands above your head but do really well being swaddled at night. You are sleeping so well and most days we have a little schedule going but some days we just lay around and snuggle because you're only this little once.




You are getting so very strong and are holding your head up so much. You unfortunately inherited your mom's sensitive skin and got a diaper rash that drove your mom to her knees. I think we need a whole series of blog posts related to how our kids sanctify us with their bodily functions. I never knew I could sweat and stress so much about a butt. Such a tiny little but too. But all is well now and you never seemed bothered by it anyways. You are a true joy, unlike anything your dad and I have experienced. I am so torn between loving this stage and being excited to see you continue to grow and develop that I am determined to just cherish each day. Each day with you is a dream come true for your mom buddy boy! We love you so much!












No comments:

Post a Comment