Thursday, May 26, 2016

Pool Days and Thoughts On Friendship

We took Jace to the pool for the first time last night with our friends Joel and Brittanie and their little (almost) 6 month old baby Brantley. It was so fun dipping his little toes in the water and seeing his reaction. I am so excited for the day when Jace and Brantley are old enough to play together and enjoy the water! I thought about all of the hours I will probably spend by the pool with my little buddy and his friends. It is amazing to have friends with little kids around your age and friendship is one of the things I pray for Jace the most. 

Austin and I both grew up with pretty incredible friends and we think it is one of the main things that kept us on track. Proverbs 13:20 says it clear as day that if you walk with the wise, you become wise. You end up going where the people you're with are going. I pray that Jace would develop friends that encourage him, sharpen him, and run the race with him. I pray that Jace would be a friend that shows compassion, grace and understanding to his friends. I pray that he would be a good listener and make wise choices about the people he spends his time with. 

It is never too early (or too late) to start praying for your kids. My heart for prayer has totally changed since this little buddy came along. I feel helpless sometimes thinking of all of the things I need to instill in him, so I just constantly turn to prayer. My prayers range from concern over congestion, to praying he has a tender heart and a sensitivity to the Holy Spirit. I wrote this verse down on a notecard and think I may want to have it blown up on my wall as a constant reminder-

Isaiah 40:11- "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young."

Tend to my sweet boy like a shepherd Lord and gather him in your arms! It's not all up to me. Before Jace was my son, he was God's. The love I feel for him absolutely pales in comparison to the love the Father has for him. I am so thankful that He gently leads me on this path of motherhood.





No comments:

Post a Comment